ARNTSON MARINE® FABRICATIONS
Using our years or expertise with outdoor textiles, we developed our own exclusive fabrics. While most brands use "off-the-shelf" stock materials, we use higher quality, quick drying, synthetic yarns, to weave superior fabrics. The milling methods and finishes are secret, but the comfort and durability, are yours to enjoy, and only available from Arntson Marine®!
- Exclusively milled to our specification and secret finishes, this aqua friendly, quick drying and durable, fabric has a unique look, drape and feel of oxford cotton, however, is amazingly 100% Nylon! Only available from Arntson Marine®.
- The substantial 200 gsm weight provides a satisfying feel of substance and durability.
- Nylon outperforms cotton in aquatic environments with higher durability and quickness to dry.
- Excellent in hats caps, light weight shorts and pants.
- Exclusively milled to our specifications,Content: 100% NylonWeight: 200 gsm (grams per square meter)
- Finishes; DWR (Durable Water Repellant)
- UPF 50; blocks 98% of the suns UVA and UVB rays
- A heavy weight, high tensile strength, 4-Way stretch Polyester fabric. Exclusively milled to our secret specifications. This aqua friendly, quick drying fabric stretches and conforms to your individual shape, providing a luxury fit. Only available from Arntson Marine®.
- The luxurious 250 gsm weight provides a satisfying feel of substance and durability.
- Polyester outperforms cotton in aquatic environments with higher durability and quickness to dry.
- Excellent in performance hats & caps.
- Content: Polyester 88% Lycra 12%Weight: 250 gsm (grams per square meter) Finishes; QDT (Quick Dry Technology)
- UPF 50; blocks 98% of the suns UVA and UVB rays
Decades ago, in the beginning of Arntson Marine®, we decided that sailing and watersports hats and caps should float, (common sense, right?), yet, we were the first to apply our ideas and passion for floatation. We worked with a foam factory, experimenting with different compositions of stiffness and densities. We discovered that foam is exceedingly comfortable against the forehead, and, that its flexibility enabled flipping the brim/visor up for ease of visibility! Hey, great for trimming sails! Those were good innovations, and years later they continue with subtle revisions and improvements.Today, our FlipFloat™ Brims, combine our exclusively developed foam, with the edge support of a plastic ring. The foam provides buoyancy as well as conforming to the individuals forehead shape for lasting all-day comfort. The plastic ring provides support to the brim edge without intimidating its flip function. With a flick of the hand, the brim can be easily flipped into an upwards position, allowing the user to sight sail shape, trimming, and wind indicators without undue back-bending of the neck, thus eliminating that end of the day soreness of “sailors-neck”. The FlipFloat™ Brim, Arntson Marine’s® first innovation.
What is A WINDsun™ HAT?
WindSert™ and RingFrame™ Construction
Our watersports community desperately needed better sun protection. Full brim sunhats that would not fold, flap, flutter or fly away in windy-wavy conditions. Solutions needed to be fully functional and elegant, not crude or uncomfortable. Introducing our WindSun™ hats; Our copyrighted 4-part engineered system, which we feel provides the finest heavy wind performance, of any hat. Dependable, extreme stability in gale force winds, with no fold, flutter, or flop! Starting with our exclusive foam formula, our pattern and geometry adds stable structure and aerodynamic shape. We then reinforce the brim perimeter with our RingFrame™ construction. Lastly, inserted under the front brim is our WindSert™, laminate, completing the 4-part system. A best-in-class, Arntson Marine® innovation.
Flexion Buckle Tensioner™
Between sizes on cap adjustment? One setting too loose your hat blows off, the other too tight gives you a headache? Or maybe it takes two hands and is difficult to adjust? How annoying! Our caps come standard with the Flexion Buckle Tensioner™ system, one-handed, micro-adjustable, on the fly without removing your cap. The left side of the system is anchored with premium elastic for flexible tension and all-day comfort. The right side is a micro adjustable custom webbing strap. The svelte buckle easily disengages to allow secure reattachment to lifelines, bags, bike frames, without losing your setting! Best-in-class function, by Arntson Marine®.
Watersports can expose one to high velocity winds, splashing water and waves, strong forces that can sweep a hat off a head. Arntson Marine® introduces it’s 360-AdjustoFit™, an engineered solution for providing maximum tension while maintaining comfort. As the forehead is more sensitive than the back of the head, the 360-AdjustoFit™ system, incorporates a load-spreading band in the forehead, connecting to the back head’s flexible shockcord suspension. Our high strength premium shockcord, exits the center-back through corrosion resistant 316 Stainless Steel eyelets, then through a premium cordlock for unlimited adjustability. With the cordlock secured by an elastic anchor, the 360-AdjustoFit™ system provides best-in-class ergonomics and function, exclusively, by Arntson Marine®.